Data modeling with ERM
The efficiency of system development is largely determined by a logically unambiguous structure of data in a database. To achieve this, you must first gain insight into the data structure at a conceptual level. Entity Relationship Modeling (ERM) is a widely used supporting method for conceptualizing data structures. This course covers topics that enable the participant to create the right conceptual data model using ERM. The workshop is practice-oriented, which means that a large part of the time is spent on creating models and working on assignments.
What will you learn?
- To use the ERM conventions the right way
- To structure and model a complex quantity of data
- To translate an ER model into a logical relational database
- To tackle common problems in a model-based way
- To process business rules in an ER model
- Goals and points of attention for ERM
- Translation into relational database objects
- Finding entities, attributes and relations
- Generic structures
- Sub and super types
- Modeling business rules
Who should attend?
This course is meant for (upcoming) information analysts, designers and system developers who need to design, interpret and adjust a conceptual data model.
Price per person
€ 1.860,- (excluding VAT)
Duration of this course
12 - 14 october 2022
16 - 18 november 2022
16 - 20 december 2022